When: November 12th & 13th
Where: Pahrump Nevada (Exact location to be released at a later date)
Cost: $600.00 - All funds go to support Rally PanAm, the US-based Rally Team that produced a 100% finish rate of its Team at the 2016 Dakar Rally!
You will learn the basics of Rally Navigation including:
- How to follow CAP (compass) headings.
- How to read tulips (Lexicon).
- How to recognize danger spots.
- How to mark a roadbook.
- Setting up and loading a roadbook.
- How to get lost, and how to find yourself!
- Classroom Style navigation training/instruction from Rally PanAm’s Scott Bright & Ian Blythe.
- Two Days of road-book routes (Saturday & Sunday) through some of the best scenery and challenging terrain Southern Nevada has to offer! Navigation Instructors will be on course offering instruction.
- Over 280 miles of routes are available with loops ranging from 30 to 70 miles each (assuming you don’t spend time & distance being lost).
- Bivouac style camping/atmosphere. Hotels are available (inquire within for details)
- Event sponsors will be on-hand with special offers for participants.
- The training is geared for Beginner to Intermediate navigators. Training begins with a short talk thru on Friday evening, including assembling/marking/loading of your roadbook. Further class room instruction on Saturday morning by our Dakar veterans, followed by a whole bunch of riding!
Bike needs to be well prepped for the desert including at least an 80-mile range. A more complete list of prep items will be available when you complete sign-up.
Bikes must have a valid license plate.
You need to prepare yourself for long stints in the elements.
Please plan on bringing a Spot or DeLorme tracking device. (Point of contact will be released to registered riders)
Roadbook Holder, Backlit adjustable odometer, and a digital compass. You can easily rent this package from Rally Management Services for a small fee. www.RallyManagementServices.com
Please contact Scott Bright for any questions you may have or to register as spots are limited to twenty riders!
Contact: Scott BrightPhone: (303) 304-9349Email: Scott@scottbright.net