Honda CRF450RX — Off-road trail ready
By Jay Clark
- This bike is Honda’s answer to KTM’s popular XC and Yamaha’s FX models. Honda has mainly gone after the full trail guys with the X models but this RX model is very close to their R motocross model. It comes with an 18” rear wheel, E start, and larger fuel tank. For this build we tried to keep it a bit simple since the bike is very good in stock form.
- For the motor we went with the Vertex High Compression Piston, a FMF slip on system with our stock header, a new HINSON BTL Slipper style clutch.
- The mapping is also improved by Tokyo Mods with the stock ECU.
- Factory Connection worked to help out the suspension as the RX comes stock a bit softer than the R model.
- IMS Large tank and Cycra wrap around hand guards are for full on off-road mode.
- TM Designs has the Chain block protection
- Supersprox Stealth Sprocket for long durability
- Dunlop AT81 off road trail tires
- Tusk wheels with oversized front rotor
- Works Connection radiator guards and extra pieces
- For bodywork we used Cycra, Decal works, and Motoseat with their great pieces.
Highlights of the build
- FMF Slip on stock Header
- Tokyo Mods mapped the stock ECU
- High Compression Vertex Piston
- Removed back fire screen
Front Brake Lever
Oil Filter cover
Hinson Clutch Components
BTL Clutch Set up and Outer Cover kit
Tusk Off road
Oversized front rotor
Complete Wheel set
Brake bolt kit
Sprocket Bolts kit
Lightweight Battery Lithium battery
Suspension re-valve and set up
Semi-Custom Graphics kit
Pre printed number plates backgrounds
Titan throttle tube
Rear Chain Guide
Slip-on Factory 4.1’s
High Compression Piston kit (ring, pin and clips)
Mapping for stock ECU
Rear Stealth Sprocket
Oversized Fuel tank
Ultra Pro-Bend Full Wrap Around hand guards
Full Plastic kit Full Armor Skid Plate
604 Fat Bars
AT81 front 90/90-21
AT81 rear 120/90-18
Custom Cool seat cover