BMW has rolled out new adventure bike offerings with two new F-series middle-weight sport bikes, the F750 GS and F850 GS. Both are fitted with the same two-cylinder engine that displaces 853cc, an increase in capacity from the 798cc engines in the F700 GS and F800 GS, their predecessors.
BMW says the F750 GS is targeted to riders who prefer the sensation and conceptual design of a travel enduro combined with a low seat height, copious power availability and cost-effectiveness. The F850 GS, meanwhile, offers higher power and torque, plus more distinctive touring capabilities and off-road capability. The F750 GS boasts 77 horsepower at 7,500 rpm, while the F850 GS clocks in at 95 hp at 8,250 rpm.
The bikes get two standard drive modes, "Rain" and "Road," plus "Dynamic" and "Enduro" (the 850 also gets an Enduro Pro mode), new telescopic forks, a double-sided aluminum swinging arm with central-spring strut for more sensitive response, and a new, robust steel monocoque bridge frame. Also new is a multifunctional instrument cluster with a 6.5-inch full-color display.
Upshift will have more information once it becomes available.
- Powerful 2-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 853 cc. F 750 GS: 57 kW (77 hp) at 7500 rpm and 83 Nm at 6000 rpm. F 850 GS: 70 kW (95 hp) at 8250 rpm and 92 Nm at 6250 rpm.
- Extremely powerful and emotional sound, produced by a crankshaft journal offset of 90 degrees and firing interval of 270/450 degrees.
- New, robust steel bridge frame in monocoque construction for increased riding precision.
- New telescopic fork/upside-down telescopic fork plus double-sided aluminium swinging arm with central spring strut for more sensitive response characteristics.
- ABS, ASC plus ‘Rain’ and ‘Road’ riding modes included as standard.
- Pro riding modes with ABS Pro and dynamic brake light, DTC and the new riding modes ‘Dynamic’, ‘Enduro’ and ‘Enduro Pro’ (the latter only with the F 850 GS) available as optional equipment ex works.
- ESA electronic suspension adjustment available as optional equipment.
- A self-amplifying, anti-hopping clutch for a discernible reduction in hand clutch operating force.
- Full LED headlight incl. LED daytime running light as optional equipment.
- Connectivity with multi-functional instrument cluster and 6.5 inch full-colour TFT display plus numerous features as optional equipment.
- Intelligent emergency call function now offered for the first time as optional equipment for the middle class.
- Optimised offroad and travel ability plus improved wind and weather protection.
- Sharper GS profile resulting from new design.
- New colour concepts and style variations Rallye and Exclusive.
- A range of optional equipment and accessories that is unique in the middle class, such as Keyless Ride, Gear shift assistant Pro, Dynamic ESA, eCall, Connectivity etc.