Milan, Italy (Nov 8, 2016) — Rever announced today a direct integration of its popular motorcycle planning, tracking, and sharing app into Bosch’s new mySPIN Platform. Bosch will demonstrate the mySPIN Platform with Rever functionality this week in its booth at the EICMA global motorcycle tradeshow. Bosch’s mySPIN creates a smartphone/motorcycle link, presenting riders with relevant information that can be controlled directly via buttons on the motorcycle. Rever provides a host of features and motorcycle-specific content to the Bosch mySPIN-connected platform aimed at enhancing the overall riding experience, including:
- Route Discovery: Riders are able to find popular motorcycling roads all over the world and filter by recommended rides nearby.
- Navigation: Riders can navigate using routes they have pre-planned on the Rever website.
- Friend Finder: View the location of your riding friends on the Rever map in real time, while you ride.
- Tracking: Rever can be configured to automatically begin recording rides when you turn on a mySPIN-connected motorcycle.
- Social-Media integration: Dynamic maps of tracked rides can be shared directly to popular social-media platforms.
- Challenges: Riders can receive notification of achievements during a ride associated with Rever’s popular ride challenges, which incentivize riders to log miles and visit interesting points of interest (POIs).
“This partnership with Bosch represents a milestone in advancing the connected experience for motorcyclists,” said Mark Roebke, CEO of Rever. “By combining the always-connected systems in smartphones to the rider-control dashboards on motorcycles, Bosch’s mySPIN will bring the best of Rever to motorcycle-control and display systems. Riders will enjoy Rever’s route discovery, navigation, and social features in a truly seamless riding experience with mySPIN. We are thrilled to be working with Bosch on this project and look forward to building the next generation of motorcycle-connected systems.”
About Bosch SoftTec
Bosch SoftTec specializes in automotive software, connected services, and smartphone solutions. It enjoys decades of experience in the car infotainment market and software development. As a member of the Bosch Group, it benefits from a global presence and experience; and is in touch with the latest major global automotive trends and developments. Its organizational structure enables it to rapidly develop reliable customized solutions to customers' needs, while its operational independence and lean structures enable it to invent solutions that close the gap between automotive requirements and consumer expectations. Bosch SoftTec connects automotive infotainment with consumer market trends and products. Its vision is to establish itself as one of the main solution and service providers in the automotive industry. For further information, visit bosch-softtec.com or bosch.com.
The Rever app, available for free on both iOS and Android, works in conjunction with the Rever website to help riders discover the world’s best roads, create custom routes, track epic rides, compete for bragging rights, and share their riding experiences across social platforms. Since the app launched in 2015, Rever users have tracked millions of miles on motorcycle rides in 119 countries around the world. For more information, visit rever.co.